Rear Center Armrest Help-Identify Part Please

Riviera63

Hi,

I just purchased a rear center armrest to put into my 1963 Riv. In doing some research on this forum I ran across a picture of an armrest in the "up" position. This picture shows a vertical piece under the front of the armrest down to the metal base that sits on the hump. The armrest that I received did not have this part included. Can someone please tell me if this piece is part of the actual armrest set up and should this have been included with the armrest I purchased? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

post-151839-0-06130500-1457541421_thumb.

My car has the rear armrest option and has the vertical piece. The armrest "sits" on the vertical piece when in the up position (like your photo).

Thank you for your input. I have another question: Is that piece attached to the armrest mechanism or is it inserted after the armrest is raised to the up position? Thanks.

Bill

I just got the mystery solved today. Now that the "mystery" is solved I am feeling a little foolish as to how simple the solution was to my supposed mystery part. I had never seen one of these in the flesh except for the one I own. I got my armrest all refurbished and back together. Once I had it together I started to fool with it to see how it actually opened and closed. Why I never fooled with it when I first got it I do not know. I got it to open to the full up position and much to my surprise there was the mystery piece. It is actually the part of the bottom of the armrest mechanism. The mechanism sits completely flat when it is in the down position and the front portion hinges up when the armrest is raised to the full up position. The mechanism worked totally differently than I had anticipated and I am still not sure yet how I am getting it to the up position. I'm sure it will be much more apparent once I get it anchored in the car.

Bill

post-151839-0-56031500-1457991535_thumb.post-151839-0-21643300-1457991575_thumb.post-151839-0-25842500-1457991597_thumb.