pawl for exterior locking door handle

rlcokc

not sure pawl is accurate but need the gizmo that goes thru the end of the exterior door handle and when the lock is turned it locks the door. It is about 1/2-3/4" long and maybe 1/4 inch in diameter. It is round with a space in the middle where the door lock shaft when locked causes the cylinder/pawl to move and lock the door. I must have misplaced or perhaps didn't have when I got the car. I've searched the internet and can't find one. If anyone has a spare or knows of source I would appreciate it. Not contacted Dave Tacheny but if unable to come up with one I will when I find other items I may need. Any help would once again be appreciated. This board is a great source of information and don't know what I would do without the help, Hope my description makes sense.

Rod

That looks exactly like the one for the trunk. The one for the door is round and actually seems to pivot on rod/wire which connects the two ends. The body fisher body manual for 1935-46 , page 19, show photo altho quality not great. Link to page:  http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/fisher/3536fbsm/3536fbsm19.html

Perhaps these are harder to locate than I anticipated. Decided to call Dave and asked if he is going to Chickas and he is not. I'm most likely going to Chickasha on the 17th and perhaps can pick one up there. Hope to see some of you there. Dave is going to look and believe he has one so I'll know before the swap meet. I was shocked he thought he had and he wasn't certain but it is amazing what a continuing resource he is. We are lucky to have him. He's also kind of a hoot to talk to-great stories and politics much like mine. 

Thanks for any help and appreciate the photo and post Don.