Website Seminars

Ron<P>Please give some thought to having a seminar in Philly next year similar to the Publications Seminar. That is have guest speakers tell us how they do things. <P>I would like to see included: How to add animation, sound, what are some tips to make editing and setting up a webpage easier. And please stress to anyone participating - MAKE IT IN PLAIN ENGLISH! NOT COMPUTEREEZE<P>Ruth

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

My idea is to have the web session after the Newsletter session in the same room to encourage the print people to get into the Web end of things. SalG smile.gif

Good idea and timely. A year ago when we gave the first weboriented seminar there were a lot of people who had little or no experience, and there were very few region or chapter sites. A lot changed this last year and the audience made our repeat of the basic somewhat outdated. <P>Next year we will have more experience and one year of the website contest. The idea of a seminar along the lines of the publications seminar will be better. Timing the web after the publications (or vice versa) is also a good idea.<P>Ray Fairfield is the new Chairman of the Internet Committee and I will pass these ideas to him, if he does not get on here soon wink.gif.

Hiya! The presentation I gave at Philadelphia is available off the Tidewater Region's web site at <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/tidewater." TARGET=_blank>www.aaca.org/tidewater.</A> Go to our 'Contact Us' page, and then click on the Secretary/Webmaster title. That will take you to the block with my contact information. You will see a button called "The Internet Zone" - click it to launch the presentation.<p>[This message has been edited by Posti (edited 02-16-2001).]