'29 DA paint colors

Bob Zetnick

I have the body off the car to be bead blasted. Under the firewall insulation you can see the original color (I assume)...it is a beautiful medium blue-green. I saw where Marquis Blue and Marquette Blue were used on the DA sedans. I have paint chips, but no blues are as bright...it almost makes me think the chips have oxidized to darker colors after 80+ years. I guess I am wondering what sort of bright blue-green (more blue) was available that year and is there something close I could look at. Thanks! 

Bob I did a repair job a couple of years ago on a mates F  250 that was not original paint Itook the truck to a automotive paint supplier and he attached an analizer to the paint , left it there for a minute or two Took  it in and plugged it into a computer and found out what the color was. maybe if you can find someone with these facilities you could get a modern paint code match I have heard others comment on here that the old paint chips are no good for matching Good luck with your search   Ron