Master battery cutoff/kill switch install

Paranoid

Hello Gents,

The VARA (Vintage Auto Racing Association) requires that a "Master Battery/Kill Switch" be installed. I spoke with tech support at Pegasus Auto Racing Supply and they recommended this switch..(See Attached)

I am running the following:

• Type " A " Circuit 12v Generator.. typical "Arm and Field" poles.
  • The " L" (Load) terminal from the voltage regulator is powering my fuse box.
  • The Master Battery/Kill Switch is intended to be used as both " Ignition On " & " Kill "
  • A " Push to Start " button will be used.

The Master Battery/Kill switch must completely cut battery power to the car and shut off engine.

My question is:  How would you do this?  Just as I think I have it figured out...I doubt myself and would like a second opinion.

Thanks,

Russell.

Untitled 1.pdf

Dwight,

That was my initial thought..(Just to keep it simple)..but after thinking about it!.....Yeah, I would like to have the basic accessories that are always

hot...(lights, horn..etc)

If Someone could direct me in the right path as far as the proper wire configuration to the master kill switch so that it cuts power and kills the engine I could

take care of the rest......

The attachment shows how to install using an alternator but no options have I found for the 12v generator install.

Russell.

Let me preface my statement with the fact that I know nothing about VARA or NHRA or any other racing equipment requirements.

Since you are interested in vintage racing, I am assuming you do not have a computer to worry about.

As I understand it, you need a highly visable switch that is accessable to track personnel. It must cut all power and kill the engine.

I would use this dpst switch https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=1464 and rather than the wiring diagram in your pdf, use this wiring diagram:

fitting_instructions.jpg

If you do not have an alterantor, disregard the resistor wiring circuit

Edited by Dwight Romberger (see edit history)