69 kick panels

Guest blue69

Guest blue69

I am looking for a passenger side kick panel for a 1969 Riviera. Does anyone have one (or a set) or know if they are interchangeable with other years or Buick models? There is a set of 66/67 listed Ebay now that look right (other than the carpet) but I am not completely sure.  Mine has crumbled and disintegrated to dust.  Drivers side looks like new - go figure...  Not sure if this matters, but this is for an A/C car, I think it had the bump out to go over the vacuum operated fresh air door.  Also, my carpet does not extend up on the kick panels.  

'68 or '69 are identical, and possibly '70. Not sure if earlier 2nd gen. Rivs or other GM models shared the same kick panels.

AC vs. non-AC, with the provision for air vents are different, and I think that the carpet insert was on either style?

They were also colour matched to the interior colours available each model year. 

Guest blue69

Thanks for the great info!  Now I need to find one!  It is amazing how one just crumbled to dust and the other looks like new...

An upholstery shop probably has blank pieces of this board.  Use the good one to trace yourself a new one and go from there.

2nd generation kick panels are made from a thin molded plastic Ed, with a rear extension piece that completely encloses the front door jamb next to the dash panel like a wind lace.

Much easier to obtain 'good used' from a parts car!