GOF regions, how many?

Beltfed

I started reading through the lastest issue of 'The Way of the Zephyr" today. I noticed on page three the GOF Central division has their gathering this year in Darlington, WI ( where ever that is). The only town named Darlington I know of is in South Carolina.

My question is there a southern division of the GOF? I am very interested in looking at these beautiful cars but gosh, do I have to travel to the Canadian border, the upper reaches of Maine (last year) or California to see them? Thanks for listening (reading).

Edited by Beltfed (see edit history)

Beltfed.

Check out the club's Website page http://lzoc.org/home/regional.htm   It describes the Central and Western chapters.  There is no Eastern chapter since when the club was established in 1968, most of it's meets were in the northeast.  There have been several meets in the south over the years.  It's largely a matter of which club member is willing to take on the challenge of coordinating the meet (lots of work).  Some past southern meets: Concord, NC (2010), Cumberland, MD (2011), St. Louis (2000), several at Petit Jean Mtn. Arkansas over the years, Granbury. TX (around 2002).  I live in south Tennessee, so I share your desire to see something closer to home.  It's simply a matter of finding someone who wants to take on the effort.