Radnor Hunt concours today

Bhigdog

Very nice turn out today at Radnor Hunt. Semi threatening weather didn't stop a really large crowd of spectators and exhibitors. Some great cars and the provided luncheon was top notch. I think it may be a first for Radnor to have a P U truck class which included my 1939 Chevy JC. The high light was sharing the lunch table with Mark DeLuca, friend Laura and Larry Forstall. The conversation drifted to their motorcycle entry which they modestly described as a racing bike. Only later did I learn that Mark and Larry own the 2000 CC class Bonneville land speed record of 254.59 MPH on that machine. Mark riding and Larry owner/designer.  Later conversations with Laura and Mark were actually the highlight of the show for me...........Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

No on both questions, Al. I really had no illusions of an award since the truck is 18 years since restoration and I use it quite a bit in nice weather. I did spend two days prepping it out of respect for the show but it is what it is. The venue is really nice and is held on the grounds of a very affluent horse/hound hunt club. We enjoy the ambiance and my wife is a horse/dog person so we spend almost as much time in the stables and kennels as on the show field. The cars are usually top notch, and did I mention the hand carved beef and grilled salmon luncheon? 8-).............Bob