Fiber Board for 1925 Electrical Switch

1925Stanley

Good Morning!  I am assembling the instrument cluster on The BettyAnne, our 1925 Stanley and need switch repair advice.

This is the push/pull switch that lights the instrument cluster light.  The fiber board piece that holds the two sides of the contacts is broken and not repairable.

Where does one find a piece of this material?  Are there any switch repair shop that can handle this repair?

Thank you!

Don Hoke

post-88766-0-76585400-1440433692_thumb.j

post-88766-0-83021400-1440433698_thumb.j

There are a number of switch repair shops that should easily be capable of that repair. The material is readily available from McMaster-Carr by the Sq foot. If you are at all handy with simple tools it's an easy DIY project. The fibre looks to be about 1/8" thick. If so I think I have a few square feet sitting around and I'll send you enough to make a new piece. Or if you send me the dimensions I'll cut and drill to size and you do the riveting........Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

Why do I even bother? Told the guy where to get what he needed, even offered to GIVE him the material, Even offered to make the damn part for him but he can't even be bothered to check to see if he got a hit on his post or if he did to respond. WTF?.................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)