Trunk Lock

If anyone has a Picture of the Trunk Lock Mechanism I sure could use it. The Key Cylinder is really loose. I pulled it apart to see if I could tighten things up and I think when it was repainted by Prior owner something was left out. On the brighter side I was able to clean the contacts and get the Elec release to work.

Congrats on getting the electric release to work.

You say your trunk lock is loose and to me that means it moves about 3/16 of an inch when you insert and pull the key. Two things are part of that movement and you are missing the soft gasket that fits between the deck lid and the retainer clip so the lock has play space to move and you have lost the weather seal between the lock face and the deck lid plastic so this thing can move and isn't weather tight on either end.

I never did find gasket and seal when I fabricated a replacement remote trunk release and on the outside I used a thin bead of black silicone to bond the lock face to what was left of the trim adhesive. Inside the trunk I used faucet packing, (a readily available string shaped plumbing supply) for my weather tight gasket. This stuff does compress and I had to wrap and try it several times to get the right length to hold the lock tight. Sorry, no pics of the lock so you will have to work with my description.

Guest Bob Barrow

Hey, Digger14,I need to know a part #. I have been trying to find a picture & number of a certain part. If you do have a parts book, could you send me your "E" mail address & I will try and explain my dilemma.   Bob Barrow    boblorna2@gmail.com      Thanks.