Breakaway Torque

Would anyone out there in the big wide world know the breakaway torque for a 1925 Big Six engine. 

I am considering modifying the starter clutch and doing away with the pawls etc and replacing 

with a one way CKk type bearing. 

Thanks in anticipation

Are you referring to the initial torque that it takes to start turning the engine over?  If so you could find your out by using a torque wrench on the front of the engine or use the hand crank and a spring scale.  If this is the number you are referring to I don't know about your engine but my newly rebuilt 200 ci Pontiac engine takes 48 ft. lbs. to start turning.

Good Luck in your enterprise.

Yes breakaway torque is the torque required get an engine moving from stationary. It seems it varies from engine to engine so it appears I will have to measure mine with a spring scale. The idea  is to remove the starting clutch complete from the engine front pulley, manufacture a new hub to carry the sprocket and a one way clutched bearing. These bearings are of the exact same size as the 6200 series of standard bearings.  At this point I am gathering information so I can select a bearing that will accept the starting torque and will also accept the engine revs. So far it appears the I will be able to incorporate this into the existing pulley so the external  appearance of the set up will not change. 

Quite happy to pass on information and drawings once I have made it work, but it could take some time.