1935 Packard 120 Engine Number Location

packick

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the engine number is located on a 1935 Packard 120?  

The "Standard Catalog of American Cars 1803-1942" claims it is located on the front left side of the engine.  But it also says that's where to find the engine number on a 1936 or 1937 120 engine which I know to be incorrect since the engine number on those engines is located below the distributor.  So I question where it says the 1935 engine number is located and that is why I am asking for verification.

Thanks.

Edited by packick (see edit history)

Packardinfo.com site says this:

(120) Serial number located on a metal firewall plate. The plate also showed the body type number and the production number of that particular car, starting with a 200 base number. Starting: body type number plus 201. Engine numbers located on boss on upper left corner of cylinder block. Starting: X-1501, Ending:X-27499. (1203, 1204, 1205) Serial number located on metal rectangular plate on the firewall. The plate also showed body type number plus the production number of that particular car starting with a base number of 200. Starting: body type number plus 201. Engine numbers located on upper half of crankcase, left side, front end. Upper cylinder left side front on Twelve only. Starting: 755001, Ending: 756999. (1206, 1207, 1208) Serial number located on a rectangular plate mounted on the firewall. Starting: 903001, Ending: 903587. There was also a body type number and the production number of that particular car, starting with a base number of 200. Starting: body number plus 201.
Edited by Packard Don (see edit history)