help with paint color

crxnug

Hi, not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but i wanted to see if anyone knows the color code for the engine block and air cleaner on a 1956 mercury Monterey, heres a pic of what i have,(its a light teal green kind of color)  i have searched for awhile now with no results and getting frustrated , any help would be much appreciated

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29612968@N03/17965305141/in/dateposted-public/

Looks very similar to the color of my engine tins.  The closest color that I could get in a spray can was DE1643 from Checker Auto.  It's called "Torque N' Teal".  Other wise you would have to get a color match at an automotive paint store.  Good luck.  I have pictures of them on the forum under "Our cars and restorations" / "1961 Mercury Meteor 800 restore".

Edited by Laughing Coyote (see edit history)

Any automotive paint supplier worth his salt should be able to match that to fleet chips for you. Most distributors should also be able to load it into a spray bomb for you if that's what you want. Just take the air cleaner lid in with you.  Expect to pay more than you would for a box store spray bomb though.

Edited by whtbaron (see edit history)