source for suede?

KDirk

Anyone here have a source they recommend or have used to purchase replacement suede for the early 88 seat bolsters? I need to repair the driver side seat on mine. I've considered using ultrasuede or texsuede synthetic but that would require replacing all suede on both seats for there not to be an obvious mismatch. My initial searching online has renderd few useful leads. I need burgundy and that seems not to be an easy color to find, making the search more difficult.

KDirk

Guest my3buicks

Your best option would be to go to a really good upholsterer, my guy found an excellent match of actual pigskin suede hides to use on the 88. They seem to have access to a lot more options than the regular consumer does, plus they know what suppliers have what. We ordered several samples before we found one that satisfied us as a good matched to rest of the remaining suede, but the results were excellent. The hide he found was a little heavier than what was originally used, while you couldn't see the difference we felt it would hold up better over the long run especially for the drivers side left sides he replaced.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)