Which Class?

I have a 1967 VW bug (I know, but if you saw it...) that I would like to enter into a show this weekend with AACA judging. Which class would my car be in? It is not stock and at VW shows it is placed into '67 and earlier custom, mild. Any help is appreciated and I am curious if many VW's make it to other AACA shows around the country.

Your '67 VW should be in Class 27g when registered for an AACA National Meet. Since there is no National Meet scheduled for this weekend, you must be planning to go to a local meet sponsored by an AACA Region. Local meets generally do not use the AACA classification system.<P>VWs participation is certainly increasing with some fine examples. One of our regular contributors on this forum is a VW enthusiast. If you had included the VW in the Topic title, Steve would certainly have responded.

If your VW isn't "stock", and the local club judges using the national standards, anything that you couldn't get from VW for that year VW, will have points taken off. Most local show don't use the national standards. I'm just fore warning you in case they do happen to use the national standards what to expect. There are also some local show that use the everyone takes home an award theory. The local show just have a wide verity of judging take place. I hope this doesn't keep you from going. Go, have a good time, personally just going to get an awards isn't what the old car hobby is about. It's the about getting together an talking about old cars, giving each other restoration tips, etc.

Thanks, I'll definitely be at the show to have fun and talk about old cars, but I don't want to end up in a class with t'birds and my one VW. <BR>Either way, it is not about going to win a trophy as you said. I guess my problem stems from pulling up in a VW and all those pepole with water in their motors looking at me like "what is he doing here?" Sad to say, but it has happened. After talking to someone who has been to this show in the past, I am relieved to know that this is a show where I would be welcome and I will definitely be there. Thanks for the advice on go and just have fun, after all, that is what it's all about. <BR>Chris