fuel tank assembly

Guest breather

Guest breather

Hi Reatta PEEPS, I have a 1990 Reatta coupe that needs a fuel tank assembly. The one presently in the tank is broken and the fuel indicator float is not functioning. Does anyone have one that works or know if any other Buick's Fuel Tank assembly will work?? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Trying to understand the parts book is like a foreign language. The problem is the lines outside the tank...they seemed to change them every year, early ones had threaded ends, later they went to quick disconnects, the coupe and convertible of the same year are different. I know all that did not help, but you probably will need to keep the outside line part and find good parts for inside the tank. The good news is the parts inside the tank are common with many other GM cars. The Riviera, Eldorado, Toronodo and Seville are exactly the same, but I have seen Impala sending units that look exactly like the Reatta. The fuel pump is the least of your worries, it is a very common part.

I have repaired the fuel level sending unit using parts from other cars.... you just need to examine the parts to determine what has failed.