placed in wrong class

virginian

Along the same lines, what if you know the car is a certain year but the owner for some reason has it registered as a year earlier.<BR> (sometimes state declared the car on the title by year orginally bought. That could mislead.) You tell your team captian and deputy and they don't want to do anything about it. What do you do? The car I'm referring to, I could tell by the body mouldings, some emblems were in the wrong place for the year regisitered as other completely wrong, and the body tag said it was a year new and built in the spring of the following year from what it was regisitered as. Also in this case it would ahve move the car into the next class. unfortunely, I was the only that knew what the car should have looked like for that year, and nobody would listen to me. Exterior person let ALL the emblems and moudlings get by, The interior person let all the seat covers and door panels get by. <BR>I left that show upset!! All I wanted to do was get him in the right class. The captain and deputy never questioned the owner about the year.

Good questions - but first an assumption- we are talking about an AACA National Meet. If not, the following may not be applicable.<P>All vehicles that have won a National First Prize, commonly called a 1st Junior, are given a number which uniquely identifies that vehicle for all subsequent meets. The first three characters of the number identify the class, for example 05D0554 is the number which applies to a 1938 Norman which is in Class 5D. There is a space on the registration card for each meet to enter this number. If you placed this number in that space there should be no problem.<P>Where do you get the number? If you send in a request for meet information, the packet you receive will include the registration card, meet brochure, and a list of each vehicle listed in your name as having won a 1st Jr. The number is shown. Also if you won that award recently, the number is on the National First Prize plaque which should be attached to the vehicle.<P>If the vehicle won the prize before this procedure was established, then contact National Headquarters to get the number which has been applied to this vehicle.<P>One additional complication relates to vehicles which won in a correctly assigned class at the time and a new class was subsequently created which now includes the vehicle. For example, some cars won their 1st Junior in a production class and now they should be in one of the Factory High Performance classes. We have to make these transfers on a case by case basis as we identify the applicable vehicles.<P>If your vehicle has not won a National First Prize, it does not have that number. Correctly identify the vehicle on the registration card filling in all spaces with uniquely identifying characteristics. For example, I had one friend that was always placed in the wrong class because he registered the car as a 1948 Lincoln without mentioning that it was a Continental (different class). <P>The "Official Vehicle Classification" list clearly states the "Year" means MODEL year, NOT year of manufacture or year that the car was licensed. That is why all 1964 1/2 Mustangs are classed as 1965 since Ford built them as 1965 Model Year.<P>All that said, some owners will incorrectly identify their vehicles on the registration card and be placed in the wrong class. If you as a judge, participant, or spectator determine that there is a vehicle in the wrong class, don't wait to find the judging team or if you find the team and they don't do anything to correct the problem - find the Judging Adminstration Office, ask to speak to the Chief Judge or Vice President Class Judging (or representative since the VP may be at that meet). Those are the two individuals that can an will make the appropriate determination of inclorrect classing and make a change. This problem occurs at almost all meets, either due to owner or registration error, and the procedure for correcting it is well known.<P>Hope this helps. <P>[This message has been edited by ronbarn (edited 08-23-2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by ronbarn (edited 08-23-2000).]

didn't quite answer my question. when i first registerd my vehicle for an aaca meet, i didn't know what class i was suppose to be in. they assigned the vehicle to class 5d. recently a friend stated that my vehicle should not be in class 5d, but 5a. it has a 1st junior, senior and an agnm 1st junior all in class 5d. what happens now???

You could have cut through a lot of this if you would just tell you what the vehicle is. You led us to believe that after reaching AGNM you were then placed in the wrong class. Now it appears there is a whole different problem. Please identify the vehicle and if you have the National Prize Winner number that you have been given.<P>Since I have been the Deputy or Team Captain for Class 5d for most of the meets in the last few years and all of the AGNM for the last five, I think I will recognize the bike and can put this to rest quickly.<P>PLEASE IDENTIFY THE BIKE!!<p>[This message has been edited by ronbarn (edited 08-23-2000).]

It does in fact appear that your bike is in the wrong class. The Simplex Servi-Cycle should be in Class 5a as a single cylinder motorcycle. Are you going to enter the bike at Hershey? If so, please contact the VP Senior Car Awards (see Director listing on website home page), ask him to correct the class, and put a note on the registration card that the bike should be in Class 5a. If you do not plan to register at Hershey, please wait until the week after that meet and reintroduce your question on this DF. I have already talked to others on the Class Judging Committee and we will discuss this situation during our meeting there. I am told that there are two other Simplexes that have been incorrectly placed in 5a. Will determine in the meeting if there has been a change I am not aware of. Thanx for your patience.