'64 ST00 Downshift Transmission Connection Question

Guest dwhiteside64

Guest dwhiteside64

I was hoping that I could get some advice concerning the transmission downshift wire connection on a '64 ST400. I was cleaning my transmission today and I noticed that the yellow wire for the downshift circuit was hanging on the side of the transmission (I may have inadvertently knocked it loose). I put it on the nearest stab-on connection and thought it good until I started reading posts that said it is a vertical connection as opposed to a horizontal one that I now have it connected to (see photo - shows driver's side view of transmission). Can someone confirm that I have it connected to the right place? I cannot see any other connector near the natural lay of the wire. Just want to be 100% sure. Thanks.post-93227-143143054889_thumb.jpg

Guest dwhiteside64

After posting this question I determined through research that the horizontal and vertical connections refer to the two wire '65-'67 ST400 (with switch pitch - see photo).

sp1.jpg

As you can see, the connection is in roughly the same area as in '64 but there is a horizontal and vertical stab-on in that location (as opposed to the '64 which only needs one wire for downshift). Please feel free to add anything I may be missing.... :)

Edited by dwhiteside64 (see edit history)

Guest dwhiteside64

Thanks Ed you are one of the guys that I was hoping could confirm this as you are very knowledgeable on the subject. thanks for the added info as well....