22 packard Vacume tank

Looking for help finding someone that can rebuild the gas vacume tank off 1922 packard. Valve inside tank no longer seals to allow gas to be pulled from tank. Do not have tank in front of me and cannot think of manufactuer off the top of my head.<BR> Not interseted in changing to electric fuel pump, want to keep original set up.<BR>Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Curt Fouse

I started this once, and it got away! If your tank doesn't work now, why not try to fix it? If you need a part,list it, someone probably has an old one laying around. I let my spares go with an old Dodge. I think the ones I had were Stewart Warner.<P>Good luck,<P>Curt Fouse<P>k8uc@charter.net

• 1 month later...

The gaskets are not the problem, The tank has a top and bottom bladder. The top houses a float that will open a mecanical valve (it's a tapered pin that drops into a tappered hole) and allow the gas to drain to the botom portion of the tank. From what we can determine the valve that is in between the top and bottom is not sealing. With this happening the gas always runs from the top portion and will not allow the vacume to be created in the tank to pull from the main tank at the back of the car. Originally when we pulled it out valve was frozen have now gotten it freed up but it still is not sealing like it should. The tank itself is tin and will have to be diassembled and the valve fixed. Trying to find someone that works on these tanks. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Guest stude8

Unfortunately the gentleman in Essexville. MI who used to be the "Vacuum Tank Guru" passed away a year or so ago and I haven't whether someone has assumed his business. He did a Stewart Warner tank for my friends 1920 Mercer which has worked fine for 8 or 10 years now. Maybe someone out there can direct you to a similar service.<BR>Stude8