Steering Wheel Restoration

Bill Stoneberg

Does anyone have the name of a good sttering wheel restorer. I will need someone who can recast the outer part of the wheel on my Buick.<BR>I can't use a fill and paint method because the plastic, or whatever the wheel is made from, crumbles when grabbed too hard. Besides the Black color has turned Blue.<BR>I hate to just pick someone out of Hemmings, so any names or reccomendation or experiences would be helpful.

Guest COMPACTBC

J B Donaldson Co specialize in recast versions of Buick steering wheels. They advertise "show quality plastic steering wheel castings". I have not used them myself but I hear they do a good job. I also here that they are expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for. They are located at 2533 W. Cypress, Phoenix AZ 85009, phone (602)278-4505 rolleyes.gif" border="0

Hi Bill<BR>If you can wait a few days , I think i have an old 49-50-51 steering wheel in the garage. Last tiem i moved it it seemed to be in good shape not carcked. Did you see the horn ring on E-Bay, looked New.<BR>If you get new plastic for the car you can install the same way, on new chrome you may want to heat with a hot air gun, as a hot flame may discolor the chrome, or the wifes hair drier.<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick

• 2 months later...
Guest Curt Fouse

Richard Gumm A BCA member in Reno, Ohio re-casts Buick steering wheels. He done the one for my 41 Buick. It is really nice. The address is Box 355. Zip is 45767.