Roy Wager

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

It is with most regret that I must inform<BR>everybody that last nignt (Sat) Roy Wager died in his sleep. Anybody that knew Roy, was certainly touched by his kindness & love.<BR>He will me missed.<BR> Roy was the past Director of the Chicagoland Chapter. I will post more details as they become available.<P>Scott<P>------------------<BR>

Guest COMPACTBC

I'm really sorry to hear this, Roy was a real super person and a very dedicated member of the BCA. Roy always worked for the betterment of our club and will really be missed. Bruce Andren, BCA 12658<P>------------------<BR>

Funeral Information:<P>Quiram Funeral Home<BR>1245 Somonauk St.<BR>Sycamore, IL 60178<BR>815/895-6589<P>Visitation & Wake Weds: 3:00<BR>Service & Memorial Weds 7:00<P>In leiu of flowers donations to WDCB Radio<BR>Station would be appreciated.<BR>Station address:<BR>425 22nd St.<BR>Glen Ellyn, IL 60137<P>This is where Roy's son Scott works, it is a public radio station.<P>Any ?? please e mail: scott@earlmich.com<BR>or post here<P>Scott Mich<P>------------------<BR>

I talked with Roy about a week ago-He was looking for alum. valve covers for his Sons 65 Riv. He sounded in good health and in good spirit. He was a GREAT GUY and I always looked forward to seeing him at the Nationals. HE WILL BE MISSED BY MANY! Dick Sweeney ,San Diego

I met Roy at the Lisle Meet in '95, the first one I drove to in my '55 Special. He became a good friend at that Meet, which was a superb one, thanks to Roy and his colleagues, and I looked forward to seeing him at every National after that. I'm happy I was able to see and speak with him just three weeks ago in Richmond. Roy was such a fine human being. I hope that when it's time for me to go, I can be compared favorably to Roy. Roy was a man as good as a Buick!

I've said it before, It's the the cars that bring us <BR>together but the people make it all worthwhile...and Roy was<BR>one of those people!<BR>I first met Roy at the meet in Phoenix...I was introduced<BR>by Jim George while I was detailing my car for the show.<BR>I proceeded tell and show both of them all of the bad<BR>points on the car only to find out later that Roy was<BR>one of the judges in my class! I still got an award as good <BR>or better than expected but Roy never let me forget it!<BR>I always looked forwaard to seeing him at the national meets<BR>to talk cars, tell lies and see what kind of mischief he had <BR>been up to (Example: on the way to the meet in Plano he ran out <BR>or gas in his 55 Century after nearly 400 miles on a tank of gas<BR>...just call AAA and keep rolling...he didn't drive slow either<BR>since he got a ticket in Plano 65 in a 35)<BR>In Richmond he was his old self greeting me and others at the front <BR>door of the hotel on thursday and saying goodbye on sunday.<BR>We did have a serious conversation about his sick pet...he said he was<BR>afraid to call home fearing bad news.<BR>A gentle giant who will be missed!!<P>Willie