Window Regulator 1932

Guest EvanRenck

Guest EvanRenck

I'm helping to restore my great grandfathers '32 and have run into trouble. We are putting the windows in and the front passenger window handle and splined shaft have been broken off and lost through the years and we need a way to fix it so that we can get it back in working order. Is there any way i could get those parts or should i just get creative and try welding and grinding a bolt to fit with a different handle?

Guest EvanRenck

Thanks! I can't seem to find that exact one but i found one that I think I can make work. Any idea where I could find the handle part?

I've got a regulator repair kit that should work. I also have a spare window crank that is in fair condition. Rechomed it would be show quality. I also have a spare escuthion. You would probably need to file the end of the kit shaft to get a good fit on the crank. I don't know if you are familiar with 32 handles and cranks. The broken shaft you have probably happended because someone was no familiar with the crank removal process. There is a small slot in the base of the crank handle A small tool must slide in that slot and then depress a plunger by pulling outward with the tool The crank can then be pulled off the splined shaft. If you have a handle off the car you will readily see what I am talking about.

I also have 2 spare flying 8 caps. The wings are not broken. They both would need attention to be usable. The Mecury cap is impossible to find as an original. The die cast material would break at the foot. There is a company that sell stainless cast Mercury caps. I believe the price is in the $1,500 range.

If you are interested in any of the above parts, send me a pm and email address and I will send photos for you to see the parts condition.

Bob Engle