1922 Ford Model T

Hello, i am doing a research project on a 1922 Ford Model T, in which i have to prove the efficiency of it's engine, i have come across tons of information, except a few major things, i was wondering if anyone out there knew what the Drag Coefficient, and Coss-sectional area of the Ford Model T's is?, these two variables are crucial in the calculation of the efficiency of it's engine.

It has been sometime since I was a univerisity student. What little I remember of my engineering classes was that the efficiency of the engine was measured in power out versus fuel in. That has nothing to do with the vehicle the engine is in.<P>Now if you want to calculate max vehicle speed and/or miles per gallon, then you need to know (amoung other things) the wind resistance which is a function of the frontal area and the coefficient of drag.<P>In a round about way, some of the information can be deduced for later cars from various snippets. For example, the February 1935 issue of <span style="font-style: italic">Automobile Digest</span> (discussing the merits of aerodynamic design) said that a typical car used 40 hp at 70 mph to over come wind resistance. It also said that rolling resistance for typical 1935 cars was 0.2 hp /mph. Now all you need is the frontal area of a typical 1935 car to work backwards to the Cd.<P>Cars of 1935 were much more streamlined than the Model T. But for the same body type probably had a little more frontal area.