"Tips on Auto Body Woodwork"

Hey, you may want to share the info with Bill Stoneberg who is doing a 50's Buick Woodie. He is listed in the posting of "how to take the car off the frame".<p>[This message has been edited by coupe1942 (edited 10-11-2000).]

A Dutch auction simply means that there are more than 1 identical items being auctioned. In this case there are three. The top three bidders get the item for the lowest winner's bid price (which would be one price increment over bidder #4's best offer, see their site for the increment ranges at a given price).<P>By the way, this item is probably misclasified within eBay, as it is listed in the "Automobilia" section. It would probably do better if listed in the "Books, Non-Fiction, Vehicles" section or the "Automotive, Parts & Accessories, Manuals" section. (And you thought it was tough finding stuff in the White Field!)

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

Ok guys. You may want to run me out of town after this one, but here goes:<P>I see that this is a "Dutch Auction". I have read E-bay's explaination of this, but it goes right over my head. I have bought items through E-bay before, but the Dutch Auction is something that remains a mystery to me. Can some of you guys eplain in layman's terms how this works. By the way, I do want the book.

Just a note this book is by Don Marsh he has a restoration shop in Idaho.<P>this book is avail from him for $10.00. Why bid and pay more on ebay.<P>contact point:<BR> <BR> Don Marsh <BR> P.O. Box 760<BR> Spirit Lake Idaho 83869<P>Ph# (260)623-2039<P>

29chevy<P>Now you tell me. Hopefully, someone will outbid me. I see that Bill Stone has dropped from the high bidders. Maybe I'll be next. I see where guy has bid $20 on this thing. Heck, it's only 18 pages. I had already decided that if it went over $1 per page, I would just figure it out on my own. I also searched Amazon.com, but they didn't have it. Thanks for the tip.

Bill<P>The A has been on hold while I had a "modern" vehicle in my shop. I bought a used truck for my son to drive and have been doing body work in my spare bay. We painted it yesterday with the help of a neighbor. Good learning experience for me. I hope to apply my new found skills to the A when the time comes. I will get the truck out of the my shop this week and begin preparation to get the body off the A. Definitely need both bays to accomplish that.

Whew! Off the hook. Someone finally outbid me. Now where was that address again. Oh yeah, there it is.

Hal,<BR>You are wrong about needing both bays. You really need 3 or 4 once it comes off the frame. smile.gif<BR>I have taken the body off my Buick and now have parts all over the shop and even in the garage at home. What I wouldn't give for a covered football field for a shop.<BR>I have had my frame powdercoated and really feel that is well worth it. It is beautiful, you may want to think on that as opposed to paint. I should have pictures next week on my web site.<BR>Bill

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have a current phone number for Don Marsh? I tried the one listed in this thread and it doesn't seem to work. I'm interested in Don's book on Auto Body Woodwork.

• 9 years later...