36 buick special--window sweeper/beltline installation

rlcokc

Making progress getting car back together but I find I didn't take enough photos when taking apart and my memory from 10 years ago not that good.

Found the old window sweepers, two which are about 26" in length and 1/2 inch wide with 1/4 inch fuzzy. There are six clips which are about 1/8" in diameter and look as if they should be pushed into a hole to stabilize. I had the wood on my doors totally refabricated and I believe these are only for front doors as they curve slightly at one end and match the curve of the front door windows altho each door has side vent which doesn't really make sense.

I understand these are just to eliminate rattle of the window and should be on interior side of door. Fighting with the vent windows and alignment of the interior support trying to get aligned properly but when completed will need to install the sweepers. Not purchased the sweepers and don't find any for a 36 but lots of beltline/sweeper material which would appear to work. Any help suggestions photos or just some sympathy would be appreciated.

Really enjoying working on the old babe and only wish that I wouldn't have nicked so much of the paint installing different body parts, especially the hood, but have decided this is not the 100 point restoration but certainly one I will enjoy driving. Thanks in advance.

Rod

Rod, my `36 Buick coupe did not have window sweeps, it originally had a couple of spring-loaded rubber rollers on each side of the window. The clips you describe were used on 40s GM cars, and maybe back into the 30s, I`m not sure exactly when GM started with that style of clip.. I`ve installed sweeps on my `36 doors and garnish using #4 SS screws. I have a picture I`ll send you.. Tom