1920s steering wheel restoration.

I have what I assume is a celluloid steering wheel over metal on my '29. It is cracked through in a few places, but isn't broken ( I think the metal is holding it together). I haven't found anyone that repairs these.....restoration places I've found do the 40's - 70's steering wheels. Can anyone recommend a place that restores these?.....or has anyone restored one w/ epoxy and refinished it themselves? Thanks.

Bob, I have had good results with tractor steering wheels using PC7, JB Weld or other two part epoxy putties. It adheres very well, is very hard, sands well and can be painted. It also holds up to the weather very well on tractors outside.

George..thanks...my steering wheel cracks are hairline, but go deep...do you have to carve away some of the steering wheel around the cracks so that you can get epoxy in there or is there another way to get the epoxy down deep in a hairline crack?

I never dealt with hairlines that paint did not cover on the tractors. I would hate to remove more original material if I did not have to. There is a product called Quik Poly. I have not used but I believe I have seen steering wheel repair in their literature. This might be an option for the smaller cracks. It is a two part epoxy and has a thinner consistency.

I have seen places that recast wheels. But never used one.