1942 Buick sedanet 48S Trunk lid and Chassis questions..

Guest roadtrip

Guest roadtrip

I have a 1942 48S in very respectable shape and 90% complete. The truck lid was damaged it looks like a Fleetline will they interchange?

Also I want to update the chassis. This car doesn't have the top hat style frame like my 41 chevy and I don't know of any company that makes a nice fitting front end.

I was noticing the rear end is way different too. Has anyone welded a Nova rear end in its spot and somehow updated the shocks for a good ride??

Please help with any info or pictures of anyone using other frames or swaps. Thanks.

You're more likely to get a response to your chassis mod question if you post this in the Performance-Modified forum. There are GM parts interchange books to answer your question about the trunk lid. Anybody?

Guest roadtrip

Thanks I will try that.

You're more likely to get a response to your chassis mod question if you post this in the Performance-Modified forum. There are GM parts interchange books to answer your question about the trunk lid. Anybody?

Guest 42buickman
Thanks I will try that.

To my knowledge, "A" bodied Buicks have the same body as Chev, Pontiac and Olds, but the fenders will be different but probably fit. Trunk lid should be the same as Chev.

• 2 weeks later...

Buick Master Body Parts catalog indicates that the 1942 model 48S and the model 48 trunk lids are the same. It does not indicate interchange with any other Buick or other GM bodies; however, the size of the lids may be the same as some other GM, such as Chevrolet, but the trunk handle and medallion holes would probably be different.