Quiet Saturday

60FlatTop

Chilly and hopefully getting warmer; after farting around for about a year some progress is beginning on the major redo of the Riviera.

post-46237-14314252016_thumb.jpg

1981 was the paint project; 8 coats of lacquer. 1994 the frame came out from under and all the mechanics were done.

This morning my son, who I have had for less time than the Riviera, and I took out the halo effect 50 year old windshield.

The '70's installed vinyl top came off last fall. The new windshield is in a crate in front of the car.

The 2014 job will be removing the rear window, putting in a silver headliner with the glass out and new tack strips, painting the openings, painting the roof, hood fender & quarter tops silver, and leaving the sides maroon.

Correct '64 standard seats and door panels in silver gray (not the tinny color) with maroon stitching, cut and fitted leather dash cover in silver gray with maroon stitching,and gray carpets. That should get me through the next 15-20 years just fine.

Bernie

post-46237-143142520153_thumb.jpg

post-46237-143142520157_thumb.jpg

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

Enlarge the pictures, you will see a round rubber cushion on a steel pad with a squared wire spring. Those are the tensioned hold downs. Take the screws out of the lip. Then lift and pull the pad toward the rear of the car. Raise it to access the speaker wire and the auto dimmer, if equipped. Remember how easy it comes off. sometimes removing the pad is a great alternative to reaching under the dash to work.

Bernie