Wanted: 1962/62 Buick Special/Skylark 215 v8 stick parts.

kid442

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ericclamage

sundell auto - 704 487- 5234 - He has 2 down there - just got parts for my 63 skylark convertible from them

Wanted: 1962/62 Buick Special/Skylark 215 v8 engine, Bell Housing, Flywheel, 10" clutch disc, 10" pressure plate, Borg/Warner T10, shifter, console , shifter, or shifter boot.

Ken

kid442w30@yahoo.com

I did this same type of set up back in the 90's. I you have a well stocked auto parts supplier near by you may be able to get a clutch disc and pressure plate that will work. I think the disc was for a Ford Falcon and the plate for an AMC product. I already had worn out parts that they were able to match up. The shifter I had was a Hurst shifter. I used a shifter boot for a Camaro. Good Luck. Jim

Eric,

Either of the 63 Skylarks a stick shift cars?

jsmittie41,

Do you have any spare parts?

Thanks,

Ken

No Ken, I'm sorry I don't That project was back in the early 90's. I made the mistake (as I'm learning in recent years) of letting my teenage son drive it. I kept having to fix things and got tired of it and sold the car. Now that he's older the confessions are coming out. That 4 speed made it too much fun to drive. He beat on the car pretty good. I had radial tires on the car and he kept loosing hub caps. Turns out old wheels aren't designed for radials and they flex too much on hard cornering and pop the hubcap off. But he had no idea what was happening. I guess he's just like his old man.

• 2 weeks later...