fast four part photo's, id tips and interchangability?

Guest henry roberts

Guest henry roberts

I'm looking at building a fast four based speedster, starting from basically nothing. my intention is to build it from parts rather than strip/chop a complete car, but I'm struggling to find information on the details of a fast four so I know what to look for.

I would like the speedster to be easily identifiable as a circa '27-28 dodge even without any dodge body panels. this is both for my satisfy my love of "correctness" and to hopefully simplify registering it for road use.

what mechanical/detail parts from other '27-8 models or other years suit a fast four?

what are the key features that identify items such as a fast four frame, bell housing, steering column and wheel, steering box, pedals, radiator shell etc?

I'd also love detailed pictures of the above parts plus the headlights, tail light, gauge cluster, spring shackles, steering linkages etc.

thanks.

henry.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking at building a fast four based speedster, starting from basically nothing. my intention is to build it from parts rather than strip/chop a complete car, but I'm struggling to find information on the details of a fast four so I know what to look for.

I would like the speedster to be easily identifiable as a circa '27-28 dodge even without any dodge body panels. this is both for my satisfy my love of "correctness" and to hopefully simplify registering it for road use.

what mechanical/detail parts from other '27-8 models or other years suit a fast four?

what are the key features that identify items such as a fast four frame, bell housing, steering column and wheel, steering box, pedals, radiator shell etc?

I'd also love detailed pictures of the above parts plus the headlights, tail light, gauge cluster, spring shackles, steering linkages etc.

thanks.

henry.

Henery , first off where are you in NSW, I am on the far north coast of NSW . I have had fast fours for the past 38 years and will be able to help you with what you are after . What have got of Dodge Brothers Fast Four parts at the moment to build this car from.Pics and infomation are no problem to supply. If you PM me your details I will be glad to help.