Replacing front Parking and Signal Lamps in '64

Guest dwhiteside64

Darren, I am not sure what the 64 shop manual shows, but the 63 has a nice exploded view of these. I am not close to mine right now, or I would get you a copy. 3 or 4 long sheetmetal screws on each side of the fender grille. These go through the grille, through the light cover, through the housing itself, then into the fender. When these screws are out, you can remove the light and fender grille as a unit. You have to come forward and up to clear the bumper. They then separate into separate three pieces, and the light is replaced in the socket as normal. Reverse for reinstallation.

Guest dwhiteside64

Thanks Steve for the great info. Yes I have the '64 manual but I couldn't find great info on how to replace these lamps. I currently have my car in one of those bags for winter storage so I couldn't take a peek at my housing lol. Was wondering if they could be accessed from behind the assembly but I see that is not possible.

OK Darren: I have done this job at least...well a lot. Two in one tip here. 1. Use a good hardened tip phillips that has a magnet. Sometimes the screws that hold the base piece to the fender are a little pesky. You can douse them in a little penetrating iol and if you can, 2. get to some use a good pair of vice grips to grab the screws that won't turn.

Also, douse the plugs with that WD-40 to because sometimes they are really brittle and you wind up with a broken plug which is more work. Mitch