Spare tire covers for 1932 Buick

tigersdad

According to the "parts and service pointers" 1932 Buicks, There is a page listed as "Sell These Fast Moving Accessories Now!" Tires covers, Metal tire covers mounted at the side or at the rear, add that dressed up appearance to the car that makes every owner want one. Metal tire covers are ducoed to match the car. "De Luxe Cloth Covers" Cloth covers now come in colors to match the car.

As usual, Mac Blair is the best source of info on all things 1932,

Bob Engle

I believe Side Covers and Rear tire covers were different, as for the side covers, the parts inside the fender are not covered. The side are two piece with the thread covered by metal, with a trim strip on the top. The side of the tire is covered only leaving the wire spokes exposed (not sure about wood wheels). I know the rear on '34 and I believe '33 are solid covers which cover the side of the tire and the entire wheel, and have a Buick logo on them. Metals covers will be hard to find. If you want to "dress-up" the car, probably a reproduction cloth cover would be best. A good shop should be able to make one. As Bob indicated, they were accessories,

John

John,

You're right about the wheel covers on both accounts. The side mounts only covered about 3/4 of the tire down to the fender and the later years, after '32, were hard metal covers. At this point, I'll just leave the car as it was in 1932 on the showroom floor. No need to dress her up. Thanks, guys!!

Jay Kingston

Novato, CA