'68 350 w/400 tranny

MrEarl

A friend of a friend has a 1968 LeSabre 350 engine with the 400 transmission. The engine is supposedly freshly rebuilt. Asking $100/engine, $100/transmission. Email me if interested and I'll put you in touch. Located in or around Monroe, Georgia

I am not at all familiar with these years engines and transmissions but from what I read on Wikidpedia, sounds like a pretty nice engine/tranny set up.

The 1968 LeSabre received a minor facelift including new grilles and taillights along with concealed windshield wipers. Inside was a revised instrument panel with square speedometer surrounded by other instruments with minor trim revisions for both base and Custom models.

A new 350-cubic-inch V8 replaced the previous 340. In standard form the 350 V8 delivered 230 horsepower with two-barrel carburetor and 9 to 1 compression ratio and came with a standard three-speed manual transmission or optional two-speed Super Turbine 300 automatic. The "LeSabre 400" option package included a 280-horsepower 350 four-barrel V8 with 10.25 to 1 compression and three-speed Super Turbine 400 automatic transmission. The "Switch-Pitch" torque converter used in conjunction with the Super Turbine automatic transmission was discontinued in favor of a standard torque converter.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

the engine was a 72 buick 350 4bbl (WB code)

it had been overhauled not rebuilt and never started

complete from carb to pan /flex plate to fan

only missing the harmonic balancer( he couldn't find it)

even had a alt and all brackets on it

the trans was a 68 400 turbo 400 long tail shaft that needs rebuilt

still a deal if you ask me

scott