Travelall ambulance question.

Guest tommygfunk

Guest tommygfunk

Well I’m thinking of bringing home another project and it is an extended travelall ambulance from the early 1970’s. Right now it is mostly there, but it needs TLC. I found most of the specifications except for ground clearance with the tires full of air. All of them are flat. I have a trailer to haul it, but I’m not sure if it will go on. It is a gooseneck equipment trailer. It has sat for a long, long time so I figure everything is froze up. I have been trying to find a good forum, but when all else fails ask a full size jeep owner for advice. It is a cool old ambulance like my 57 mercury so I hope I can get it home. <O:p></O:p>

<O:p

Tom<O:p</O:p

Tom, I can't help you with any specs, but someone who tries to save a tired old professional vehicle has my gratitude and respect. Like station wagons, they were often run till they were all used up, and now we have few to none left. I suspect there weren't many Travelall ambulances to begin with.

I think I saw one on the Professional Car Society's website a few years back. Surely there are some IHC forums?

tommygfunk,

I was in the used car business in the early 70's and I took in a travelall amblance on consignment from another dealer.

I fixed all the dents,refinished over all the lettering and cleaned it up for sale.

It sat forever on my lot and not one single bite. I finally sent it back to the dealer (who never asked about it all the time that I had it)

I still thing that it was a cool vechicle.