1938 heater option pic

Beltfed

I don't know what they did for the '39. Hopefully someone who has a '39 will chime in.

I will say this about the heater system, it looks dangerous to me. If a leak (like rust through) occurs in the heat exchanger then you are going to put carbon monoxide into the passenger compartment. I don't plan on ever using this one as I live in the south.

I don't know what they did for the '39. Hopefully someone who has a '39 will chime in.

I will say this about the heater system, it looks dangerous to me. If a leak (like rust through) occurs in the heat exchanger then you are going to put carbon monoxide into the passenger compartment. I don't plan on ever using this one as I live in the south.

I suppose it could be, but these cars run rich enough and they aren't so air-tight you wouldn't smell it. I have one on mine and it works great. I leak-tested it first by putting standing water in it, then coated the innards as best I could with high-temp paint. But if you see a '37 coupe drifting down the road with a slumped driver, we'll know it didn't work ...