Warner Lenz

Guest rath48

Guest rath48

Hi, I found a pair of used but not damaged (just some ticks on the edges) headlight lenses among my parents' belongings. They are flat, not convex, and look as if they are covered with overlapping bubbles. Along the edge they read "Warner Lenz Pat June 25 1912 D 8 3/8 S." My father says they came from a Reo. I am interested in any information anyone could provide -- Autos they fit, value, scarcity, how to sell, whatever. Thank you, Tom

These are most likey aftermarket items - around 1916 most states started implementing laws against using plate glass lenses due to the glare of the lights and as cars became faster the light needed to be more focused than before - a lot of companies made replacements due to these laws.

That being said the "bubble" lenses seem to be very popular to have on cars and would bring up to $50 - $75 on e-bay by someone who had a car they would fit into.

Guest prs519

Look closely at the outer edge. Werner Lenz sometimes put the name of the car inscribed there. I had some that said Stutz.