1931 dodge coupe tool kit

Guest Geo1931

Guest Geo1931

Hi to all,

Just curious, anyone have photos of the tools that came with a 1931 rumble seat coupe?

and for that matter...where did these tools mount or did they have some sort of bag or tool roll?

Thanks in advance.

George

Edited by Geo1931 (see edit history)

John, I think those are the correct tools for the DH6, with exception of the tool bag. I think it's an older reproduction made for a Ford model A. I have one just like it. If you notice it's made from the long/short Cobra grain rubberized fabric. The same fabric Ford used on his tops. He used the trimmings from the upholstery shop to make up the tool bags. Thanks for your posting!---Pete.

John, I think those are the correct tools for the DH6, with exception of the tool bag. I think it's an older reproduction made for a Ford model A. I have one just like it. If you notice it's made from the long/short Cobra grain rubberized fabric. The same fabric Ford used on his tops. He used the trimmings from the upholstery shop to make up the tool bags. Thanks for your posting!---Pete.

Yes, I am pretty certain you are correct about the storage pouch. The original may have been a canvas-like material.

Guest Geo1931

the tool roll material looks the same as the seat covers on the rumble seat cushions of my car...which are original.

at least it looks like both materials have aged the same and now have the same funny texture of 80 year old vinyl.

Tool roll would have been made originally from a material similar if not called duckcloth ( I do not know if that is the correct spelling )

A different jack than what is shown above would have been original as well as of course the handle, other than missing some of the tools and the addition of that cast wrench off the top of my head everything else looks to be in order.