1949 Desoto wont start

ICEROD

Hello fellow Desoto owners!

I used to work on cars my whole life then i joined the military got banged up and forgot much of what i used to know about cars. The only tool i have since i received my Desoto is a test light. The other day i went to start my car and it wouldn't start and sounded as if the battery was running out of juice. So i checked to see if fuel was flowing which it is, then i checked for spark and tested the spark plug wires and found that the coil wire was no good so i replaced all the wires. Now after i did that i went to start the car and nothing as if no electricity was going thru. I checked with my test light the voltage regulator and starter solenoid and they have power going to them. I followed all the wires that are associated to the coil and circut breaker on left inner fender by the battery and it seems that there is no power to the circuit breaker or coil. Can any one help a Vet out?

Thank you so much

Isaac Rodriguez

Hello fellow Desoto owners!

I used to work on cars my whole life then i joined the military got banged up and forgot much of what i used to know about cars. The only tool i have since i received my Desoto is a test light. The other day i went to start my car and it wouldn't start and sounded as if the battery was running out of juice. So i checked to see if fuel was flowing which it is, then i checked for spark and tested the spark plug wires and found that the coil wire was no good so i replaced all the wires. Now after i did that i went to start the car and nothing as if no electricity was going thru. I checked with my test light the voltage regulator and starter solenoid and they have power going to them. I followed all the wires that are associated to the coil and circut breaker on left inner fender by the battery and it seems that there is no power to the circuit breaker or coil. Can any one help a Vet out?

Thank you so much

Isaac Rodriguez

Lets start with something simple, is the battery charged up ??

• 3 weeks later...