1937 Dictator Parts Wanted

Guest TomB

I'm hunting for the following parts for my 1937 Dictator:

Master Cylinder

Set of 4 Leaf Springs

Overdrive Transmission & Driveshaft

5 x 16 Wheels with good wheel cover clips

Recommendations for good sources for any or all of the above would be most appreciated also.

Thanks,

TomB

SMB:Thank you for your resonse. All leads are greatly appreciated.I suspect my '37 Dictator came to me with a replacement master cylinder. My car currently has a Wagner Lockheed master cylinder with casting number (as best as I can decipher) 6656. Can anyone identify this master cylinder? I suspect it is not the correct master cylinder for my car. I've heard the 1937 Dictator master cylinder was used on many different cars, so any interchange information would also be most helpful. Thanks again!Respectfully,TomB

I have some of the parts you need I have a coupe express parts chassis in the country that has an original master cylinder (would suggest that it get it sleeved), have a transmission with some sort of overdrive on it --- looks like something that has been modified, also have another overdrive transmission that I have not opened up to see what kind of shape it is in. Coupe express had extra springs but if I knew what leaves you needed could probably get them for you. If you have an interest let me know and I will check things out. Modest fee for my expenses and a contribution to the Antique Studebaker Club.

I would urge you to consider getting a transmission from Gerald Kurtz. If I were to build a car today I would want to get one of the transmissions that Gerald builds - you can be sure that what he provides will be bullet proof.

On the wheels I would consider buying a new set of wheels -- by the time you purchase the wheels, pay for freight, get them sand blasted, powder coated, and pin striped you have a considerable sum invested and a set of 75 year old wheels.

Call if you want to discuss -- 817-six five 7- nine 7 seven 8.

Edited by Cowtown Commander
spelling and clarification (see edit history)