First Gen Door Edge Guards

Guest dwhiteside64

Guest dwhiteside64

Hi everyone,

From what I can gather, finding NOS door guards is a lesson in futility. I plan on having a friend fabricate a set for me, but I first need a picture of exactly how they should look on the car in order to get the proper length and thickness. Can anyone here provide a pic for me?

Thanks,

Darren

Guest dwhiteside64

Thanks Ed for the information and link. I will contact them and find out price. BTW, did you get my registration form yet for the ROA?

Darren

Guest dwhiteside64

Thanks Ed for the info.

Those are really great pics Steve, much appreciated. I should be able to come-up with something that will work now...:cool:

Personally I've always thought that the door edge guards break up the smooth body lines. If you're only wanting them for protection and not to be part of a pristine restoration, the plastic chrome plated ones you buy at the auto parts stores work fine for protection purposes. Pull them off when you get to the show and put them on again before you leave.

Cowles Products/Chrome StyleGuard U-door edge molding (T3805) | Door Edge Molding | AutoZone.com

Or contact Gene Guarnere or Riviera Bob to see what they might have available.

Ed

Guest dwhiteside64

Hi Ed,

Actually, the only real reason for me to get them is to make the car match what is on the trim tag. It has the code stating the car had the trim from the factory, so that's why I am looking into this.

Darren