1930 Buick - Brake light switch

michaelod

I am having some difficulty trying to figure out how to install the brake light switch to my 1930 model 68. The switch attaches to the top rear side of the transmission and that part I understand. There is a lever on the side with 3 holes in it that I have no clue whatsoever how to hook up. I would assume that is somehow mechanically tied into the braking system and actuated when one steps on the brake pedal but I have no idea to where or how it is hooked up. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

post-63406-143141999622_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that information Dwight. I was looking through some old photos of 1930 Buick's that I have and came across this picture of a rod that looks to be straight for the most part with perhaps a small jog on the end although it is hard to tell for sure. Looks like there is some adjustment on the switch end as it appears to be threaded. Does yours have enough threads for you to straighten?

Thanks,

post-63406-143141999947_thumb.jpg

You are welcome ,I found more which will help you to complete that part, I have finished the car and if you need any pictures of restored area do not hesitate to ask . It's been 2 weeks since I complete the restoration and I'm exhausted. It's not an easy car to restore.post-80871-143142004269_thumb.jpg

post-80871-143142004226_thumb.jpg

post-80871-143142004244_thumb.jpg

post-80871-143142004252_thumb.jpg

post-80871-143142004261_thumb.jpg

Michael, I placed the order for the two parts the robber stops for the rear trunk .Count on them .I sent some picks and I hope that we are referring to the same parts[ you can see that mine where worn down as well and you can see them restored ] [new] Keep up the good work and at the end you will taste the pleasure of a great accomplishment.G