1949 (1950?) Desoto trunk material

James_Douglas

Anyone find a source of the original trunk material for the 1949 and perhaps 1950 Desoto? It is a very deep and large pebble grain black leatherette.

SMS, Original, Restoration S&S, Hirsch, and all the others do not have it.

Any help would be great if someone has found some or something close.

Thanks, James

post-82452-143141958856_thumb.jpg

Thats a convertible only material. Good luck on that hunt! I've looked for years-nothing.

You may be correct. However, on ebay there is a photo of the trunk of a 1949 Sedan. On the right behind the tire you can clearly see the same material. I know where there is a 1949 Sedan that is orginal across town. I am going to take a look and see if there is any of this stuff in there.

Best, James

1949 DeSoto Custom Trunk Factory Photo UB0815 IKAWO9 | eBay

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bob Call

James

I have a 53 Austin Healey and the boot (trunk) has this black "pebble" material. The material is Armacord Hardura. One of the companies that makes trunk lining kits for sports cars has this material in 10 colors. They are located in Blain, WA. Their website doesn't indicate whether or not they will sell the material or just completed kits only. Here is link to their website.

Heritage Upholstery & Trim - Armacord Hardura

James

I have a 53 Austin Healey and the boot (trunk) has this black "pebble" material. The material is Armacord Hardura. One of the companies that makes trunk lining kits for sports cars has this material in 10 colors. They are located in Blain, WA. Their website doesn't indicate whether or not they will sell the material or just completed kits only. Here is link to their website.

Heritage Upholstery & Trim - Armacord Hardura

Thanks Bob. I had a Bug Eye and a MGB, not to mention my '63 E-type. That material is close but more of a ribbed material than a pebble grain. I found a place with a pebble grain, though not as deep.

Whispermat® HEW/PGW Floormat by American Acoustical Products

Thanks for the tip though I will keep it in my reference.

Best, James