Jarhead

hall

Am the owner of an 1988 reatta. Am having trouble with the passenger side electric seat. In trying to raise the rear vertical seat the left side starts then before it reaches the final position it starts to click and the seats become lopsided. any suggestions. have removed the seat before I go any farther would like some useful information Thanks again Jarhead

Guest steveskyhawk

The passenger seat seldom gets used. I would remove the seat and check every single connection. Check for power to the non functioning jackscrew. Put power and ground to that jackscrew to see if it will work. The good news is that all Reatta seat bases are the same, all years, left and right, standard and 16 way. You should be able to get a good seat base from any good vendor

Sounds like the rear cable has gotten out of one side. It is just a square speedo cable through the motor and to the jackscrew on each side. If it were jammed, nothing would raise. May be as simple as reinserting it.

Thanks Padgett,

Cable connected on both ends the cable looked okay, but when motor runs just get a clicking noise the rear gearnut drive does not move up or down looks like I am in trouble. Any help. Jarhead