Source For Parking Brake Parts??

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

Does anyone know if parts are available somewhere for the parking brake parts shown in the picture below? These parts are found where the parking brake cable attaches to the torque tube. I can't seem to find any of these pieces and mine are shot.

post-75106-143141930653_thumb.jpg

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

Thanks Mike. That's kinda' what I figured. Just thought I'd check before I tried to cobble something together. Don't you love it when the guys at the home improvement stores come up to you when you're in there trying to invent and/or reverse engineer something for your car and they ask, "How I can I help you?". Then you have to explain that you're working on a car, not the kitchen sink. They just get this look in their eyes like, "Yep, here's another one of those crazy car guys."

I usually just say "No sir, you can't help me unless you have a parking brake horseshoe clip for a 55 Buick Century".

Yes, they usually walk away, but sometimes they can at least point me to a general direction.

I actually like Lowes the best (since my favorite mom and pop hardware store closed down). They have a good assortment of stainless screws and Grade 5 and Grade 8 bolts.

For the rubber washer, get a '55-'57 Chevy motor mount (I usually keep a few around). Run cold water over it to chill it a bit and carve your part with a shape knife.

If carving rubber gets frustrating, take a break and go to Loew's. Find glazier points all by yourself. It will make cutting rubber seem easy.

Tip: Don't even look near the window glass.

Bernie