early 30's 1/2 ton rim and hubcap wanted.

Guest tonkaman

Guest tonkaman

i recently aquired an early 30s dodge pickup box trailer. im building the trailer a new frame but im leaving the old dodge front axle under it so i can keep the old wire rims. only problem is i only have one original rim and hub cap. can anyone help me out with a rim and a cap that are not show quality. im just wanting to make a cool looking trailer to pull behind my 4 wheeler in the yard.

no the box is pretty hammered so dont get your panties in a bunch about making it into a trailer, at least im not scraping it right. hahaha

null_zps8809e206.jpg

null_zps764830f6.jpg

null_zpsc57e5445.jpg

Guest tonkaman
I believe a 1933 Dodge Brothers wheel is what you need to match that 17" wheel and that cap that you have.

ok so was that a one year rim then?

Guest tonkaman

The rim on the other side is a 17 as well but they drilled it out to fit the bolt pattern on the axle not sure what make it is. I would really like to find some fenders for it too but I suppose I would have to pay dearly for them as I would a rim an cap as well. Ohwellnit will make a BA trailer for the yard. It fits in with all my power wagons

post-78906-143141921147_thumb.jpgTry these fenders of a 36 to38 Dodge p/u. Or glass from a 33 to 35. Steel ones are almost impossible to get. We reproduce them from 18 gauge steel. They are 1500.00 for the pair. Glass are about 400.00. I have the wheel and hubcap for 200.00 and the 36 fenders for 400.00 for the pair.

post-78906-143141921123_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143141921133_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143141921142_thumb.jpg

Guest tonkaman

Yikes that's what I was afraid of. There's no way I could pay that much for what I'm going to use it for. If I was restoring a truck I would be all over those parts but I'm just making a yard trailer. Thanks for the pics and the info tho!!!!

Guest DodgeKCL

I know this is a Dodge site but if all you're making is a trailer, the 6" opening on the wheel will take a multitude of caps including Chev. For some reason the automotive industry kinda went hand in hand on certain things like hubcaps over the years. You want the style with the 3 or 4 spring loaded clips around their rim. The ones you have there are 1933 but 1934 and '35 are 6" and have the clips. But they are raised round faced like baby moons. Speaking of 'baby moons' I also see them on tables for sale again and they also fit 6" openings. CPDD did indeed have 17" wires on all their vehicles for 1933 and they all took the same cap just with different logos.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tonkaman

ok quick question. did these trucks have a steel floor in them factory or did someone weld this in at some point? i thought they came with wood floors.