1936 Buisck Sport Coupe Wiper arm question

Fastfret

I have a 1936 Buick Sport Coupe...I am looking for some wiper arms, but so far have not found any. I see Fusick Antique Auto Part has them for 1936-38 Oldsmobiles...Does any one know if these will work on my 1936 Buick? Thx

Guest Grant Magrath

Try Bobs Automobilia. They'll have the right ones for you.

Cheers

Grant

PS Bob, if you're monitoring this forum, see how I recommended you? How about waiving that dollar limit on purchases!!!!!

Guest mclbuick2002
Try Bobs Automobilia. They'll have the right ones for you.

Cheers

Grant

PS Bob, if you're monitoring this forum, see how I recommended you? How about waiving that dollar limit on purchases!!!!!

Grant

Bob's does not have the correct one for either of I my 1936 -40series.

In 1936 there were 2 types of wipers . A splined drive shaft which Bob's used to have which I think is out of stock . The OLds restoration supplier still stocks.

The other type slides over a round knob with a locking nut .

Look at drive on your wiper . Is it a splined shaft or a round knob.

Stan

Thanks for the info...Here is my problem...my 36 coupe has two different wiper blades on it. When I went to remove them, the driver's side uses a splined shaft and the acorn nut...The passenger side had a spline shaft that somone had appeared to have drilled and installed a pin to lock it in place on the shaft...So I really have a slight problem to deal with, as both side are different...

Guest Grant Magrath

Sounds like a new wiper transmission might be in order as well? I wonder if the mid thirties Chevies used the same wiper arms? Chevs of the 40's or The Filling Station might have something.

Cheers

Grant

Guest mclbuick2002

Mark

None of those chev wiper arms will fit on my early 36 production wiper drives.The early drives had a nut that slides onto round drive shaft with male threads facing out . These are threaded into wiper arm and clamp onto drive when tightened.

Stan