1930 tire size?

Yes, they would fit, and in my opinion would fill in the wheel wells nicely,

but the new 1930 Series 40, with its 118-inch wheelbase, originally stood on 19 x 5.00 (5.00-19) tires, this per page 121 of George H. Dammann's Seventy Years of Buick.

Of course your 1930 is different from my 1934 Model 57.

post-54863-143141903598_thumb.jpg

The bigger tire would give you an approximate 3% advantage in reducing engine revs at driving speeds - I don't know your differential ratio.

Are you going to show the car? If so, then bias is still the way to go. If you arte doing a driver then some would have you consider radials which may be available in an appropriate size - not making a prefereence, just a comment.

I like the WWW in your car !

You might find that a good WWW radial costs about the same as a WWW bias ply ....

Just be sure to remove the paper tags inside any tire before putting the tube (and flap) in, or the squirming tire's paper tags will abraide the tube and cause multiple flats - ask me how I know - three flats in three tires in less than 100 miles...

That 3% lower RPM has a price at start. You will be applying more torque to get the car moving, means slipping the clutch and more stress on rear axles. Rear axles are a weak point in these early 30's Buicks. Many of the models have full floating axles. a broken axle means you lose the rear wheel and axle stub.

Bob Engle