Stromberg UX-2 updraft carburetor

Guest Bill in Mi

Guest Bill in Mi

Looking for a rebuildable carburetor without pot metal deterioration for my 1929 Dodge DA coupe.

Thanks

Bill

Guest danceswithpumps

Could you please post a pic of the carb? Like to see what my DA came out with.

Thanks,:)

Rod van Pelt

Guest Bill in Mi

danceswithpumps- take a look at the posting For sale stromberg UX-2 by one shot on feb 16th 2013 - that is the exact type of carb that was on my coupe when I got it. Unfortunately mine is cracked up similar to the one for sale.

Guest danceswithpumps

Thanks, Bill. I didn't have any luck finding that ad. I did a search also. Could you or someone give me a link?

Thank you,

Rod

Hi Bill, there is a pricy way to go about that, if you want your dodge to have the original UX-2. If you find a bad one at a reasonable price with all the parts go for it. You may try Cindy at Myers Early Dodge who sells reproduction parts for UX-2 reproduced in Australia from good material that will never crack. It is probably worth it in the long run. TX-2 is an alternative if you can find one. The prices people are asking for these carbs are ridiculous. One popular dealer who publishes on D.B. forum offered me a carb for my 1928 Senior for 5 thousand dollars. More than what I paid for the car. His modus operandi is "give me a call at the shop" No way, man, I rather send the car to the dump. In the operation manual for the 28 Senior there is a picture showing a UX-3, (page 43,) saying it is the correct carb. But a note in pen on the same page by the previous owner says " I have this one TX-2 -3996499". It seems the intake manifold on my 28 Senior is incorrect because it will not accept the UX-3, mounting bolts is 1/8 too narrow, So I narrowed the holes on the UX-3to fit. Works fine

High oneshot, I do not understand how to reply to this personal message on message board so will you email me directly to hsahu@tcn.net. I am genuine. My name is Harry Sahu and my address is 34 Glencameron Rd., Thornhill, Ontario, L3T 1P6. Canada. Phone # 905 889 0621. There are lot of folks out there looking for free stuff and also lots of folks who want to get rich overnight by overpricing. The fewer hobbiest are caught in between. That fellow should at least pay for packaging and shipping. Cheers. trini.