52 Hornet Stuck Temp Sensor

Guest chrishanlon

Guest chrishanlon

hello everyone -- this is my first time and first day on the site -- I started my kid's great-grandfather's hornet last sunday after working on it for about a year -- today installed a new pertronix ignition -- it is now running great! I want to install a new temp gage and know how to do so, but the old sensor unit is stuck bad -- really, really bad. I am starting to think I may be doing something wrong. Can anyone tell me if the sensor unit screws right into the head? How do I get that darn thing out? Thanks everyone! :mad::confused:

If you're asking how to remove the temp sender from the block or head, I'm fairly sure they simply unscrew. There is a hex head on the sender, I think. If it's stuck, have you applied penetrating oil, tapped the sender and surrounding block to set up a vibration, then put some more penetrating oil on? I don't own a later Hudson but I think the sensor is basically the same as the earlier ones. If you're still stuck, you could try posting this question to the Hudson club's forum over at Hudson Discussions on Classic Car Forum