Rim Breaking tool for Wooden wheels

Guest WallyScott

Guest WallyScott

Could someone please help me by posting a photo of a tool that I can make for breaking the rim on wooden wheels - have Chrysler 52 (1928 model) fully restored and now doing Chrysler 66 (1930 model) and am having difficulty in breaking the rim to remove the old tyres on the 66 - didn't have any problems with the 52 but just cannot manage this one as it is totally different to the 52 - any help would be appreciated - thank you

Could someone please help me by posting a photo of a tool that I can make for breaking the rim on wooden wheels - have Chrysler 52 (1928 model) fully restored and now doing Chrysler 66 (1930 model) and am having difficulty in breaking the rim to remove the old tyres on the 66 - didn't have any problems with the 52 but just cannot manage this one as it is totally different to the 52 - any help would be appreciated - thank you

Does it look like this?

post-37352-143141894651_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141894661_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141894667_thumb.jpg

Guest WallyScott
Does it look like this?
Yes the only exception is that it has riveted pins on both side of the join and hinges - will try to take a photo otherwise the same thing - will try to take a photo and put it on here - it is my husband (who is 82 next month doing this restoration) - so glad u replied so quickly - thank you

Guest WallyScott

Hallelujah - the tool he found in the back worked - he just rushed in to tell me to let you know - thank you for the information it has saved a lot of language (Aussie style) - here we are in the Australia and got the answer in an hour - once again THANK YOU - Wally is so pleased